The Jeff Plumb Blog

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Oracle on Linux

I came across the following article "Introduction to Oracle on Linux" recently and it had the following excellent point.
  • Install Oracle on a version of Linux you are likely to use in your professional life
So what version of Linux is that? Well Oracle is certified on Red Hat Enterprise Server or Suse Enterprise Server. Now the unfortunate thing about these operating systems is that they are not free. However there is now several clones that are free including CentOS.

When I visited the CentOS website I found out that CentOS-4 is featured in the April 2006 edition of Linux Magazine (Issue 65). So I ordered the magazine and when it arrives I am going to install Linux and then Oracle 10g. I'll let you know how it all goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home