The Jeff Plumb Blog

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Centos 4.2 Troubles

I am still having trouble trying to install CentOS 4.2 onto my PC. I bought a second hard drive so I wouldn't have to worry about partitioning and destroying my Windows installation. However, the installer won't recognize either of the drives when they are both plugged in. I read somewhere that this may be because I was using cable select to determine the primary and slave drives, so I changed them not to use this method but still the disk drives could not be written to.

In a desperate attempt to install the operating system, I unplugged my Windows disk and then tried to run the installer. This time it worked beautifully. So I plugged back in the Windows drive as the primary and configured the NT bootloader to give me a choice to boot up Linux. However now when I choose that option all I get is:

GRUB

If I remove the windows disk, Linux starts up without a problem. So the only other option I can think of is to try and make the Linux disk the primary and somehow configure GRUB to boot up Windows. I don't know if this is possible but I'll let you know how I go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home